We will conduct business in a way that is protective of the environment while providing a healthy, safe and secure facility for the employees, customers and the community. To realize this we will:
Minimize the impact of our activities on the environment by:
- Operating in a manner which reduces the risk of environmental incidents.
- Training all employees to perform their assignments in a way that produces a high quality product and is protective of human health and the environment.
- Ensuring responsible and efficient use of energy and natural resources.
- Limiting waste generation, discharges and emissions, and handling wastes in a responsible manner.
- Maintaining an emergency preparedness / response plan.
- Providing, to the best of our ability, a secure working environment by protecting ourselves, our assets and our operations against risk of injury, loss or damage from criminal, hostile or malicious acts.
Systematically manage EHS performance by:
- Addressing environmental concerns and security vulnerabilities in all phases of our activities.
- Committing appropriate means and resources to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other requirements.
- Developing aligned goals, standards and metrics to ensure responsibilities are assigned and understood to achieve desired performance including continuous improvement in environmental performance.
- Maintaining a documented Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Developing dialogue with stakeholders, as applicable, concerning the adequacy of our environmental performance.