SAE Default Manufacturing Specifications
Note: All PCBs will be built and inspected to the following IPC Standards: IPC-A-600 Class II Acceptability of Printed Boards IPC-6012A Class II Qualification & Performance for Rigid Printed Boards
Order of precedence
- Any notes on the Purchase Order
- Customer provided drawing
- Customer supplied specification
- This specification
- There shall be no functional deviation from customer data without customer approval.
- All standard Printed Circuit Boards will be manufactured with UL approved materials and processes. (There can be exceptions for experimental and/or exotic materials not covered under UL.)
- Each board is to be marked with the vendor logo, UL designator and date code with the date code displayed in the following format: (WWYY).
1 st choice: Top silkscreen
2nd choice: Bottom Silkscreen
1 st choice with no legend film: Etch
Default stack up is 1/2 oz Inner Layer Signals, 1 oz Inner Layer Planes, and ½ oz outerlayer copper for a balanced foil construction.
If spacing is less than .006 on Inner Layer Planes, ½ oz copper will be used.
Standard Overall Thickness is .062” +/- .006”.
- MANUFACTURING DEFAULTS:
Plating and Final Finish: If not specified, boards will be vertically Hot Air Leveled using 63/37 Tin Lead solder and will be covered and solderable. Soldermask will be over bare copper.
Final Finish standard thickneses: • Immersion Gold: 2-4 Micro Inches (Selective and SMT) • Hard gold: 30-50 Micro Inches (Tab Plating) • Nickel: 120-200 microinches • Solder: 250+ microinches
Screening and Soldermask: Soldermask will be Green Semi-Gloss Liquid Photoimageable mask over bare copper applied to both sides. Silkscreen will be white, permanent, non-conductive epoxy ink. Minimum line width for silkscreen is .006”. Via plug/fill will be non-conductive epoxy via fill.
Physical Dimensional Tolerances:
- External Board: +/- .010”
- Internal Features: +/- .005”
Required Spacing for Scoring (from conductor to board edge)
- on 15° blade = 0.015″ minimum
- on 30° blade = 0.025″ minimum